This year’s holiday #RunChatHunt is back to a Thanksgiving (Nov. 26) to New Year’s Day timeline with a couple of new twists — 2 additional items AND an additional #RunChatHunt option on Facebook.
After receiving your nominations and votes, the top 12 items to find in this version of the #RunChat Scavenger Hunt are:
- Holiday inflatables
- Selfie with a real/fake snowman
- Snowflakes (real or fake)
- Something that best represents your city
- View from a trail
- Salvation Army Bell Ringer
- Leftover Halloween decoration
- Runner in holiday gear
- Start/finish line of a race
- High school/local track
- School zone sign
TAKE THE LIST, SHARE IT
- Download a simple PDF to print out the items on a single sheet of paper.
- Download a square image of the list and post it to your Facebook wall or Instagram page. We’ll also post it to the #RunChat Instagram and Facebook pages a few times during #RunChatHunt
- Download a Twitter friendly version and Tweet it. You’ll also see it several times on the #RunChat Twitter page.
- You can also click on the image at the top of the page and the one below to open in a new page and print from there.
- Find these items and post pics to Twitter using the #RunChatHunt tag. Photos can be posted to Instagram as well, but show up in the #RunChatHunt Twitter feed.
- Each item counts as one entry to be eligible for a prize (the list of awesome items is below). Some items are restricted to U.S. delivery only, but please don’t let that limit your participation.
- Photos must be posted between 12:01 a.m. ET Thursday, Nov. 26, 2015, and 11:59 p.m. ET Friday, Jan. 1, 2016.
- Be creative. Some items are simple; some don’t necessarily need to be taken literally.
- You can receive a bonus entry if you blog about #RunChatHunt, link to this post and post it to Twitter using the #RunChatHunt tag.
- New to this version of #RunChatHunt is a bonus Facebook event. This will occur in the final two weeks of the Scavenger Hunt and will include a bonus item (maybe more than 1) and a bonus prize (maybe more than 1).
The prizes for #RunChatHunt are amazing. Most of these prizes come from #RunChat sponsors from the past couple of years, as well as some companies brand new to the community. Here’s a look at the items currently up for grabs:
- Blue Ridge Marathon entry (can be for their 10K, half or full)
- Blue Ridge Marathon swag pack (1 winner)
- Race 13.1 (1 winner, any 2016 race)
- Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon entry (1 winner)
- Altra Running: Pair of Impulse (2 winners, one women’s pair and one men’s pair)
- Sqoosh #RunChat band (1 winners)
- Tasc Performance: 2 winners: 1 woman’s shirt, 1 men’s shirt)
- PRO Compression marathon socks (1 winner)
- Medi-Dyne (2 winners: 1 Ultimate StinkFree Package and 1 Ultimate Blister & Chafe Prevention )
- SaltStick Fastchew rolls (2 winners)
- RunnerBox (1 winner)
- Bold Sleeves (1 winner)
- Nuun (2 winners: trucker hat, water bottle, and a 4-pack of Nuun)
- CamelBak Quick Grip Chill (2 winners)
- Hammer Nutrition: Fueling starter kit (2 winner)
- 7 Weeks to 100 Push-ups book (2 winners)
- 40 Days: My 1,037-Run Around Lake Michigan book (2 winners)
- 1BandID (2 ID band winners)
- SPIbelt original belt andH2O companion (1 winner)
- RockMyRun Lifetime Membership (1 winner)
- Garmin Forerunner 10 in black (1 winner)
- The Facebook event will feature 1 CamelBak Quick Grip Chill, 1 RockMyRun Lifetime Membership, 1 Hammer Nutrition kit and 1 Sqoosh #RunChat band.
Please note: retweets and liking/favoriting of tweets will not increase chances of winning. If you win a prize and choose not to accept it, please let us know within 2 business days. Please submit only 1 photo per items. If, for example, you tweeted a picture of a bridge, do not enter a second bridge photo. Winners are selected at random and will be announced no later than Jan. 4, 2016.